Friday, February 3, 2012

A Grilling Experiment & Crepe of My Dreams

Sing with me now: Its Friday, Friday, Friday……okay that’s enough.  Happy Friday everyone! J
Yesterday, I was in serious need of some vegetation after the delicious dinner and dessert extravaganza we had courtesy of the MIL & Porto’s on Wednesday night: 

I sampled most of them - awful idea and almost never worth it.  Eh, it happens.  I woke up still in a sugar coma, so I committed to eating lots of veggies yesterday (normally not a problem for me, but I really didn’t feel like eating anything at all).  This led me to a grilling experiment around lunch time…BBQ’d lettuce!  

*Sidenote: I normally call stuff from the grill “grilled” because, to me, BBQ’d means its slathered with sauce, but “grilled lettuce” made me think I was supposed to see fancy grill markings on there and that didn’t work – so I rolled with the West Coast lingo.  Sorry East Coasters.
I digress.  It was really good!  I heard about it from a lady I met a few weeks ago.  I tore the leaves apart and rinsed them off.  Next, I drizzled a little olive oil and salted/peppered them.  Onto the grill they went!  You only need to leave them on each side for about 45 seconds or so – unless wilted lettuce is your thing.  I cut some tomatoes, added some goat cheese & balsamic and viola!  A fantastic summer salad….in February haha.  


After a necessary afternoon nap, I headed to the Farmer’s Market.  I love me some Farmer’s Market produce.  I like knowing that my food is super fresh, organic and local…can’t beat it.  I stocked up on some earthy goodness for this week



and got the crepe of my dreams for dinner (arugula, tomato, artichoke, mushrooms, avocado and cheese).  I normally am not a fan of cow dairy, but I make exceptions.  I’m a big fan of veggie wraps, and this was just a delicious, warm version. 

I’m off to spinning class!  Have a fantastic day everyone!   xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment