Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Day of Faves

Morning!  How was everyone’s Monday?  Its definitely a warm beverage kind of morning over here:

half a cup of vanilla VIA drowned with almond milk.  Yum.  
Yesterday included lots of my favorite things: exercise, shopping, babies and

kale chips!

I walked the Rose Bowl (with maybe a couple stretches of jogging in there to shake out the legs), Colleen and I made a trip to lululemon to get some OHmazing pants, and then visited with one of her friends and her two beautiful babies.  I *love* snuggling babies – can’t wait until ours makes its debut! 

So the kale chips…so easy!  Break the leaves off the spine into big chunks.  Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.  Spray a cookie sheet lightly, dump the kale and spread into a thick layer.  (If you cook a whole head, the pieces will overlap.  That’s okay.)  Dust with a thin layer of olive oil spray, sprinkle some sea salt and cook at 350⁰ for about 10 minutes or until they start to get crispy.
My only problem (if you can even call it that) is that I have to eat the whole batch I just made because I find they don’t store well – they get soggy or wilted.  Anyone have a solution for that besides getting a dehydrator and cooking them that way?  I actually plan on doing that in the next few months, but I was just curious. 
More recent eats:
breakfast burrito with 2 eggs, veganaise, daiya (vegan cheese), greens and copious amounts of hot sauce
BLT wrap (with facon of course) with avocado, veganaise and daiya
half a sweet potato with goat cheese crumbles, roasted broccoli and pasta salad.

Time for some breakfast and then its off to work!  xo Shaina

Something to think about (pardon the French, but seriously.....):

No comments:

Post a Comment