Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Schmoke & a Protein Pancake

Well, no smoking….but I was definitely in the mood for pancakes this morning.  That doesn’t happen very often.  Pancakes used to be like cereal for me – I could eat them all day and not really be full.  Until I found this recipe, perfect for 1 person (thanks Fitnessista!):

Ingredients:

-1.5 scoops of your favorite vanilla protein powder (my favorite is here)
-1 egg white
-1/4 C almond milk
-2 T whole wheat flour (brown rice flour works as well)
-3/4 t baking powder
-1/2 t cinnamon (or extra if you’re obsessed like me)
-pinch of nutmeg
-1/2 t vanilla

Heat a skillet to medium heat.

While the pan is heating up, in a small bowl, combine the protein powder, baking flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and whisk to remove any lumps.

Whisk in the egg white, almond milk and vanilla.

Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.  Yields 2 pancakes.
I like to top mine with a nut butter, some bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup.  My current obsession:
**sidenote: our new camera came yesterday and I'm OBSESSED.  Many many pictures coming your way.

Time to enjoy the sunshine and celebrate 23 weeks with some exercise! J Try this one today to switch things up: The No-Crunches Ab Workout

On tap: a fun cardio playlist tomorrow and a doctor's appt review/new belly pictures on Friday!  xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment