Thursday, February 9, 2012

That was INTENSE

Hey hey – its Thursday!  Anyone else celebrate Indian Food Wednesday last night?  That’s a routine of ours when Patrick is home, but it’s gone by the wayside since deployment started.  Last night, I decided to bring it back:


Hello Baingan Bharta – I’ve missed you.  (mashed spicy eggplant for you Indian food virgins out there)

Well, maybe the baby did.  I’ve been warned by friends that pregnancy cravings were intense, but I had yet to have one….until yesterday.  I started thinking about Indian food around 5, but was on my way to a yoga class.  Then I thought about it allllll through class.  After class, I figured I’d come home and see if the roomies wanted to venture out for dinner.  Henry had already started cooking, so I began my quest.  I haven’t been to an Indian restaurant since moving here, so I had to do some homework.  Finally, 3 hours after my craving started, I was almost crying because I wanted hot, fresh Indian food in front of me right. that. second.  Yikes.  I finally ventured out and went to a place not far from the apartment.  They were fast, which I SO appreciated.  I brought my food home and enjoyed every single bite.  I don’t know if I’ll go back because it wasn’t the best I’ve ever had, but it definitely did the job.  I’m pretty picky when it comes to Indian – only because I’ve had some AMAZING dishes.

Time for breakfast - my favorite meal of the day:

steel cut oatmeal with 1/2 banana, raisins, walnut pieces, cinnamon, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder + strawberries and tea.
It’s another beautiful day here!  I think some fresh air is calling my name. 
I get bored with my cardio music, so I thought you guys could appreciate a new playlist for February.  The plan is to do a new one every month.  There’s no particular theme to this one, just some jams that keep my legs going.  Hope you enjoy!
1.       Akon – Angel
2.       Flo Rida feat. Sia -  Wild Ones
3.       Katy Perry – Firework
4.       Lady Gaga – Americano
5.       LMFAO – I’m in Miami B***h
6.       A Girl Called Jane – He’s Alive
7.       Jay Z – Beware of the Boys
8.       Petey Pablo – My Goodies
9.       Taio Cruz – Higher
10.   Timbaland – The Way I Are
11.   Usher – DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love
12.   David Guetta – When Love Takes Over
13.   Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
14.   Flo Rida – Good Feeling
15.   E40 – You & That Booty 

xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment