Monday, March 26, 2012

Time Out

Morning!  How was everyone’s weekend?  It was a little cray cray over here.  I’m not joking when I say last week and this week might be the craziest two weeks of my life to date.  I’m completely aware that adding children to the mix will bring things to a whole new level, so I’m sure this is good training.
Dove had some good words of wisdom for me when I unwrapped a chocolate yesterday:


So I did J


It felt SO good to just relax last night knowing that anything left on my to-do list could wait until today.  Sometimes you just need to take a time out!

On a completely separate note, I am so excited for Patrick to come home so I can fire up my kitchen skills again!  He pretty much loves anything I put in front of him, and having your creativity appreciated makes it that much more fun.  Until then, eats for one (well, two I guess):

spinach, tomato and goat cheese omelette


I can't take credit here: jerk veggie enchiladas from Cha Cha Chicken - AMAZING


salad w/ baby spinach, strawberries, walnuts, honey goat cheese, champagne viniagrette + white grapefruit & my favorite lara bar


strawberry trick: drizzle with a *small* amount of balsamic vinegar and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before eating.  It brings out the sweetness and leaves the strawberries with a syrupy coating without the calories of sugar.

We’re going for a nice long walk before work today.  Have a fantastic Monday everyone!
xo Shaina
Something to think about: One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment