Thursday, April 19, 2012

7 weeks to go....

Happy Thursday!  Can you believe this week is almost over?  Wowza. 

Also on the list of things I can’t believe – that my due date is 46 days away.  How did that HAPPEN?!  There was a point where I felt like I was going to be pregnant for 3 years and now it’s almost over.  I’ve been very lucky to have such an easy pregnancy and I hope it stays that way for the next 7 weeks, but it’s not over yet!  I was only nauseous for 2 weeks, I still have ridiculous amounts of energy, and I haven’t had any major problems.  My blood pressure was a little high the first few months…and then as soon as we were done moving, it was fine.  Something tells me it had nothing to do with being pregnant. ;-)
Here’s the bump!
11 weeks:
19 weeks:
25 weeks:
33 weeks!




-weight gain: I’ve been sitting right at 29 lbs for the last week.
-I feel huge but strangers at work tell me on a daily basis that I’m small.  I’ll take it. 
-I’m not waddling yet, except in the morning when I first wake up.  I’m definitely starting to feel the pelvis stretching out and it’s a little stiff first thing in the AM.
-I’m still all OVER the fruit.  I think I ate half a pineapple yesterday – for a snack. J  And who drinks lemon juice?  I squeezed some lemons from the tree yesterday thinking I would make lemonade.  It was nowhere near sweet enough to be lemonade…but I was okay with that. 
-The hormones….oh, the hormones.  I watched this week’s episode of Private Practice last night.  It had like, what, 3 or 4 baby deliveries?  Water works.  Every.  Single.  Time.
-Postpartum Depression scares the crap out of me. 
On a lighter note, I went and took a tour of the L&D/Maternity ward a few nights ago!  They only do it twice a month, and I can't go to the next one, so I wanted to knock it out.  We can always do another after Patrick comes home.  Talk about getting hit with a ton of bricks.  I stood in one of the delivery rooms staring at the bed, the birthing ball, the monitors and thought…hoooooly crap, this is happening.  It was really exciting to see it all and get some questions answered.  The hospital that we are delivering at is AMAZING and is totally onboard with the birthing experience that we want to have.  We’re just going to cross our fingers that everything goes according to plan!

OH!  I did a really fun photo shoot a few days ago.  I'm not posting the pictures for the general public to view (think Jessica Simpson magazine cover) but I'm really glad I did it.  I found an amazing photographer that has shot quite a few celebrities and he captured some really great images.  I was a little nervous about being nakey in front of a stranger at first, but Mom came with me and I ended up feeling really comfortable the whole time.  It wasn't a sexy kind of shoot - the focus was all on the belly so I think that made all the difference. 
Off to work!  Have a wonderful day friends. J Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment