Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day to Catch Up

Hey there!  How's your Thursday morning going?

Yesterday was *exactly* what I needed.  A day to catch up and even relax a little bit.  I got to sleep in (always a fantastic start to the day), made a leisurely brunch and tossed some laundry in that had been eyeballing me for a few days.  Don't you hate when it does that?  So needy.

I hung a few pictures around the house, had lunch and visited with Mom #2, got a few errands taken care of, did my first pinterest project (!) - homemade mason jar soap dispenser


and made delicious stuffed peppers for dinner.  I work the next few days, so I made enough to take for a few lunches <--- winner winner. 


OH, you want the recipe?  Here ya go:

3 bell peppers
1.5 cup chopped mushrooms
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
spices - garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper (I don't measure anything...a little of this, a little of that)
1.5 cup ground soy crumbles, thawed (or ground turkey/chicken/beef for you omnivores)
3 roma tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup marinara sauce
6 tablespoons shredded cheese of your choice (I used vegan Daiya, mozzarella style)

Cut washed peppers in half, remove seeds and bake cut side up at 375 for 25 minutes.  While those are cooking, cook mushrooms and onions over medium heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes. add the garlic and spices and cook another minute. 


Transfer to a bowl and add the tomatoes, cheese, sauce and crumbles.  Mix well.  Once the peppers are cool enough to handle, spoon the mixture into the pepper halves and bake for another 15-17 minutes. 
I usually like to serve these with a yummy salad and/or a quinoa side dish, depending on how hungry we are. 
Have a great Thursday everyone! xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment