Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rub Me The Right Way

Morning!  How is everyone's Thursday going?  We've got a full day planned over here with work, a church class and some pretzel time at the yoga studio. 

I have to toot my own horn over dinner last night.  The salmon was like butta...literally melt in your mouth. 



I grilled it...we don't own a grill.  I'm tricky like that. ;-)  Actually, now that we have a gas stove, I can grill inside! 



We registered for one of those double-sided griddles when we got married, but haven't had a gas stove to use it.  I got so excited when I remembered we had it!

I made a rub for the salmon that was pretty darn close to blackening seasoning:

  • 2 teaspoons ground paprika

  • 4 teaspoons thyme

  • 2 teaspoons onion powder

  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder

  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (I used turbinado)

  • 2 teaspoons sea salt

  • 2 teaspoons black pepper

  • 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

  • 1 teaspoon oregano

  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg


  • It made a lot, so I stored it in an empty spice bottle for next time.


    Threw some asparagus (with olive oil, salt & pepper) on the grill, cooked some brown rice and mixed in beans that were ready to go and dinner was served.  If I had a hot man named Patrick sitting next to me at the table, it probably would have tasted even better....but that will come soon.
    *sigh*....

    A girl can dream right?

    *Random trivia fact: did you know that whether your pee smells like asparagus or not after digesting it is actually a genetic trait?  Doesn't happen to everyone.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment