Thursday, May 3, 2012

35 weeks!

I don't know what's up with this weather


but its been like this for the past few days.  Dear California, its not time for June Gloom yet.  Kthanks.

We're enjoying some oats and tea for breakfast this morning while getting a few things done on the never-ending to do list. 


(1/2c oats, 1c almond milk, 1/2 banana, some frozen mango, flax seed, cinnamon, protein powder, almond butter)

We hit 35 weeks yesterday! 

32 weeks

35 weeks


-Still feeling good!  I don't need a nap on most days, but I make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep if I don't nap.
-Usually when I wake up in the morning, the baby is up really high near my ribs.  I think s/he likes to be close to my heartbeat.  When I feel my lower belly with no baby down there, its nice and mushy.  Hawt. 
-I could eat french fries all. day. long.  Especially from Father Nature in Pasadena, for all you locals. 
-Bathing suit season makes me sad this year.  I know I need to take my time getting back into shape, so I'm going to do what's right for my body and the baby.  Good thing monokinis are in style this year.  And lululemon has some cute ones!!!
-Definitely broke the 30 lb mark.  We'll leave it at that. ;-)
-Still rocking an innie.  Well, its just not an outtie - yet.  We'll call it a flattie.
-Did anyone else have Rapunzel hair when they were pregnant?  I expected it to be thicker and grow faster, but I'm pretty sure someone could use my ponytail as a rope to climb up the side of a tower.  Not complaining!
-Friends told me they were SO glad to not be pregnant anymore when they had their baby and I never got it...until now.  I love feeling the baby move and I'll miss having him/her so close to me every second, but I think I'm ready to feel "normal" again. 
-I can't wait for baby snuggles!  I also can't wait to completely melt when I see my husband with our baby.  Actually, I can't wait to just see my husband period haha.  So soooooooon!

*Need a dinner idea?  I just threw random things into the cast-iron skillet last night and it was so. good.  (yes I am turning into a Grandma - I LOVE using the skillet!)


Peppers, mushrooms, onions, black beans, tofu cubes, leftover rosemary potatoes, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper.  Delish with a side salad.  (sidenote: if I could bottle the smell of sauteed peppers/onions/mushrooms, I would be a happy girl.)
Have a great Thursday everyone! <3 Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment