Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Slowing Down

Happy Hump Day!  I've got a little pep in my step this morning.  Tripp ate at 9:30 and was asleep by 10 last night...and then didn't wake up again until 3!  Thank youuuuu little boy.  I decided to stay up after feeding him at 6am to get some laundry done and put away our special delivery.


In this week's box: romaine lettuce, carrots, broccolette, 2 avocados, 2 green bell peppers, golden beets, 5 plums, 1 honeydew melon, baby bok choy and garlic.  Definitely doing a stir fry with some shrimp this week. 

Last night, I decided (after realizing how precious my time is over the last few days) that the slow cooker and I are going to become best friends.  If anyone has any good vegetarian - or not, I'm good at subbing - recipes, feel free to send them my way!

First experiment: thai cocunut curry.  I use the term experiment because I literally just threw a bunch of stuff in there and said a little prayer as I walked away.  Isn't that how some of the best stuff is made?  :-)

I used 1 can of organic light coconut milk, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon + a little extra thai green curry paste and 1 tablespoon brown sugar.  *Most curry recipes use fish sauce - I'm not so much a fan, so I skipped that part.* I whisked that together and poured it in the crockpot.  Then I threw in 1 eggplant (cubed), 1 package of extra firm tofu (pressed dry and cubed), 1 green and 1 red bell pepper cut into big chunks, 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped) and a bunch of baby bok choy.  Turn the crockpot on high for 3 1/2 hours and walk away.  I'm a fan of that part. 


Verdict: my kitchen smelled amazing this morning, but next time I would use twice as much liquid.  Its delish, but I like it more coconutty.  I'll throw another batch of the coconut milk/soy sauce/curry paste mixture in there, heat it up and serve over brown rice for dinner tonight.  Boom...done. 

I'm off to get my hair done today!  Its been a looooong time and these roots need some serious love.  I'll be enjoying my (hopefully) last day of the "you're not allowed to work out" phase.  Be ready for some workouts to make their way back into the blog! 

xo
Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment