Monday, June 4, 2012

Mama Likes The Spicy

Hey hey - happy hump day!  This post coming to you from America's Finest City. ;-)

We took Tripp on his first vacay yesterday.  He loves San Diego so far.  Sunshine, beach, hot babes in bikinis.  He's a fan. 

So I randomly had some turnips in the fridge this week from the last two boxes.  I always thought turnips were a winter veg, but I won't complain.  I didn't want to make a Thanksgiving-type dinner in the middle of summer though, so I needed to do some recon.  When I found this recipe with an Indian flair, you know I was all over that.  I thought I'd post it for you guys to try on Indian Food Wednesday!  Anyone out there celebrate every week?  I want to get back into that. 


It actually wasn't spicy, but you can definitely play with the heat level.  Green chilies don't have much of a kick to them, but you could use any kind of peppers and kick it up a notch if you want.  I'm trying to watch the spicy meter since I'm breastfeeding but it was still delish.  I got some brown rice going and threw together a quick salad while the turnip mixture was simmering.  So easy.  (I used the low sodium tomatoes to make it a little healthier.)

Off to enjoy the sunshine!  xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment