Monday, June 11, 2012

Anxious....

Hey hey happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was fantastic and the week is off to a great start. :-)

We had a good one over here.  Friday night Farmer's Market that ended with a tamale that set my mouth on fire:


Saturday we got a special visitor from the East Coast.  Tripp got to meet his other Grandpa for the first time!  


What's a weekend without a fantastic grilled feast?


shrimp & veggie kabobs, sweet potato w/ a drizzle of honey and cinnamon, lettuce-less salad: cucumber, tomato, avocado, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt & pepper.

Yesterday was relax & catch up day, complete with Tripp's first time at church (he slept...shocker), a nap (!) and a 30 min walk with some stretching.  I'm not doing anything crazy on the workout front yet - but holy cow I can't wait.  Just walking, stretching and doing a few planks today felt so energizing!  I'm starting to add some planks and cobras in (only a few) because I can tell my lower back and abs are super weak.  I want to start lifting again as soon as I get the green light in a week and a half, but if I don't strengthen my back and abs a bit...it could be ugly. 

In other news, I'm a little anxious about tonight.  I'll be leaving the baby for the first time.  It will only be a couple of hours and he'll be with my Dad (who is awesome with babies and happens to be a fantastic ER nurse), but I didn't think it would be this soon and I cried on Friday when I realized it was going to happen.  Patrick & I have a dinner to go to that wouldn't really be appropriate for Tripp to attend.

 
I think part of my fear about leaving him was whether or not he would take the bottle - or if he did, would he take me back?  I started pumping toward the end of last week and everything went off without a hitch.  I feel a lot better than I did a few days ago.  I'll miss him like crazy and probably smother him with kisses the second we walk in the door...but I need to do this and get it over with.  I can do this.  I think.  (nervous laugh)

xo
Shaina





No comments:

Post a Comment