Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2 Months!

I can't believe our baby boy is 2 months old already!  Time is FLYING by...but when I think back to our hospital stay, it seems like it was ages ago.  Weird.


Headshot quality?  I think so haha.  

We go to the pediatrician this afternoon for his 8 week checkup.  I'm so excited to see how much he weighs!  I'm choosing to focus on the fun part of this appointment.
  • Tripp smiled for the first time at the 6-week mark down to the day.  It wasn't for me or his Dad...for himself, while he was looking in the mirror.  So humble.  He didn't do it again for several days and we didn't start getting smiles on a regular basis until a few days ago.  He's a pretty smiley man when he first wakes up, so I get excited when nap time is over. :-)  For the record, I have a great respect for baby photographers. Getting a 2 month old to smile when you want them to is next to impossible. He would smile this morning when we weren't ready to take pictures and then as soon as the camera came out...nothing. I should have known, he did the exact same thing when I was trying to video him kicking in my belly. Punk. 
  • I've been reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby and its AMAZING. I absolutely recommend it.  We put Tripp down drowsy, but still awake so that he learns to soothe himself to sleep.  Its working about 80% of the time right now - I'll take that.  Every once in a while he'll be fussy and want to be rocked to sleep.  Twist my arm. 
  • He likes to stand up!  If I'm holding him in my lap he'll push on my legs with his feet and try to stand on his own.  Obviously I still have to support him, but if I hold him around the waist he totally stands there and looks around at everything.  I'm thinking he's going to love one of these in another month or so:
  • He's starting to talk.  In his own language. ;-)  He likes to coo at the lion on the wall above his changing table during diaper changes.  Last night, I was giving him a bath and got the most "conversation" out of him so far.  I loved every second of it. 
  • We're getting the hang of kisses.  Whenever we kiss his face (every 2.5 seconds), this is how he reciprocates:


You can slobber all over my face all you want kiddo.

Its absolutely amazing to see how different he is compared to last month.  4 weeks ago, we were only being greeted to demand food and then it was back to sleep.  I love that he's awake and interacting so much more. They say every age gets better and better...I believe it! 
Things I'm excited for:
  • more baby babble
  • belly laughs! The best sound in the world.  Tripp looks like he's trying to laugh sometimes, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet.
  • the first night Tripp sleeps all night...we're so close!  The last few weeks, he's been asleep by 9ish, will wake up around 3am to eat and goes right back to sleep, then wakes up for the day around 7:30am.  Last night, he went to sleep at 7:45, ate at 2am and slept again until 6am.  Almost there!!
  • I can't wait to see him get excited over little things and interact with us even more. 
Sometimes I still can't believe we have our own baby.  A little man that we created out of this ridiculously disgusting love we have.  ;-)  It really is a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment