Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Body by Tripp: 2 Months

Please excuse the unruly hair. 


 
Not quite back into my jeans yet...but getting closer!  Most days I can get away with wearing stretchy pants thanks to my lululemon obsession collection, but getting dressed for church on Sundays was becoming increasingly frustrating.  Too small for maternity clothes, still a little too big for most pre-pregnancy clothes.  I'm so close to my old pants its frustrating, but pre-pregnancy tops?  Forget it.  These girls aren't going to see a 34B for a loooong time haha.

I finally gave in and went shopping for a small "in between" wardrobe.  I didn't want to because I was hoping it wouldn't fit me for very long, but then I realized if I have to do this a few more times, its worth the money.  Good news: the pants I bought two weeks ago are already a little loose! :-) 

My back is already feeling a lot better, but I did have to take a few days off from working out.  I ended up going to get a massage on Monday.  My massage therapist told me my whole back was tight - probably from getting back into lifting - but my lower back was killing me because my glutes were really tight.  (I'm sorry, did you just tell me I have a tight ass?  Why thank you, I've been working on it.) 

I've been running and doing a lot of squats and lunges lately to get my legs looking like one Mrs. Carrie Underwood (have you seen her hams?!).  I can normally fit in my whole workout during Tripp's marathon morning nap, but sometimes he'll wake up just as I'm finishing and I have to cut it short.  What comes at the end of workouts?  The most important part: stretching.  Solution: my foam roller is taking up permanent residence in our bedroom.  I'm having a standing date with the master of pain every night before bed.  (Not Christian Grey...get your mind out of the gutter.)

Have you ever used a foam roller?  Its like a deep tissue massage that you can give yourself.  Hurts so gooooood.  You can find foam rolling techniques in this video.  There are also lots of workouts utilizing the foam roller that you can find on YouTube.  And yes, I am completely aware that people look inappropriate doing some of these...which is why the foam rollers are usually in the corner of the gym all alone, no one to play with them.  I promise you, though, you'll get hooked.  (Foam rolling is not recommended for women who are pregnant.)

I'm also moving my ab exercises to the beginning of my workouts.  Having strong abs is so important for supporting your lower back and making sure you don't injure yourself when you're lifting.  Right now, they're probably the weakest muscle group so I want to make sure I have enough energy to do the whole set and do it with perfect form.  Moving exercises you don't like to the front usually helps to make sure they get done.  If you don't like doing something and you're already spent by the time you get to it....ya right. 

As far as dieting goes, that's not really my thing.  I want to make sure I'm getting enough calories to breastfeed so we don't have any more hiccups.  I figure as long as I'm making healthy choices and working out (which I love to do anyway), then the rest will take care of itself. 

I'm focusing on the way my clothes fit rather than the number on the scale.  Because I'm lifting several days a week, my weight can stay the same or even go up some weeks, but my clothes will fit differently.  Muscle weighs twice as much as fat, so being obsessed with the scale isn't going to help anyone.  I took some before measurements & pictures, I weigh myself periodically when I can tell I've lost weight and just want to be excited, and I try my old jeans on every few weeks.  I feel great, have more energy now that my workouts are more regular and my appetite is back to normal.  Sounds good to me!

Related post:
1 month update

No comments:

Post a Comment