Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm just running to Starbucks....

So my Mom *really* doesn't like saying goodbye, even more so when Tripp is involved.  Her face actually breaks my heart when he's leaving.  She was out here in LA until he was about a month old and I wanted to cry when she went to the airport.  Of course I miss my Mom when she's not here, but I don't normally cry when she leaves.  Having to watch her leave her grandson was awful. 

Then I got to call her three weeks later and say SURPRISE!  We're coming to see you!  We saw my parents in Connecticut during our East Coast trip and it was fantastic...until Tuesday morning when we left for Maine.  Mom's face was heartbreaking, so now we just say "hey I'm running to Starbucks, I'll be right back!" 

Where am I going with all of this?  I'm not saying goodbye to all you fantastic blog readers, I'm just running to Starbucks. :-)

Since Patrick got out of the Navy on August 1st, we've been talking a lot about the next chapter, where we want to be in 5/10/20 years, etc.  There are a lot of really exciting, big things that we want to do, but they are going to take time and effort on both of our parts.  I'm pretty sure everyone feels like there aren't enough hours in the day, but holy cow does that become a reality when you have a baby!

I did a lot of thinking over this past weekend during a workshop.  I started this blog back in January as a hobby when Patrick was on deployment, and I do enjoy writing it.  I'm going to enjoy accomplishing the goals that we've set even more, though, and the blog isn't helping us get there.  The time I spend each week thinking of topics, taking pictures, coming up with workouts & fun things to cook and actually writing the post is valuable time that I could be spending on other efforts. 

So I want you to think about this: what are your goals?  Are they written down?!  Where do you see yourself in 5/10/20 years?  Are you doing something *every* day to get there?  Even if its just 15 minutes a day, do something.  Read a chapter in a book that will help you with your goals.  Do yoga or meditate for 15 minutes to relieve the stress of everyday life so that you can focus better on your goals.  Listen to an audio CD by Brian Tracy in the car on the way to work - I can almost guarantee that will get you thinking.

If you have an addiction to reading blogs, here are some really good ones that I think you'll enjoy:

fitnessista.com
peasandthankyou.com
mommyoftwolittlemonkeys.com
rookiemoms.com
heathereatsalmondbutter.com

If you have goals in your life that just don't seem to be reachable, here are some good books to light a little fire in your pants:

Focal Point by Brian Tracy
The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley & William Danko
The Miracle of Right Thought by Orison Swett Marden
Anything You Want by Derek Silvers
Choices by Shad Helmstetter

Who knows how long the line at Starbucks will be, but when I get that soy latte, I'll be back. ;-)

xo
Shaina

"I will live a few years like you won't, then live the rest of my life like you can't." -Unknown

"Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant.  If they watch every cloud, they never harvest." -Ecclesiastes 11:4

"There is a period of sacrifice in everyone's life.  You get to choose when."  -Jimmy Napier







No comments:

Post a Comment