Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't Knock It Till You Try It

Good morning!  I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  It’s a little wet and blah over here this morning….



I couldn’t decide what I was in the mood for when it came to breakfast this morning, so I had a little bit of everything:


vanilla greek yogurt with strawberries, banana, and cinnamon + waffle topped with peanut butter, raspberry jelly and an egg + tea.  That’s not a pregnancy combination, I swear...I didn't even come up with it myself.  Don’t knock it till you try it.  J  You get your carbs, protein, healthy fats….its a winner. 
Since its so gross outside, I’m switching up the exercise routine for today.  The plan is to roll out the yoga mat at home and do a podcast followed by some light weights.  There are a ton of yoga podcasts available on iTunes, at Blissology, Yoga Journal and Gaiam TV.  Most of the free ones are 20-30 minutes, so they are great if you just want to try yoga and see if you like it or you only have time for a quickie workout at home.  Changing it up always keeps your workouts fresh so you don't get bored and your muscles continue to be challenged.
Here's a 7-minute workout quickie that you can even do by your desk today (please modify moves as needed according to your fitness level):
-run in place for 30 seconds
-jumping jacks for 1 minute
-pushups for 30 seconds
-jump squats for 1 minute
-bicycle crunches for 1 minute
-15 burpees (with or without the pushups)
-plank for 1 minute
-side plank for 30 seconds each side
-15 more pushups....don't you feel awesome?!

I feel a baking itch coming on too.  I found a recipe for Blueberry Quinoa muffins!  If it works out, I’ll post the recipe for you guys tomorrow.
Have a fantastic Monday!  xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment