Normally I can only find goat’s milk yogurt in the single serving size at WF, where its $2.50 a pop. I saw this big one at TJ’s for $5.29 and did a little happy dance. Its definitely a different taste, but if you have an obsession with goat cheese like I do – you’ll love it. Since I’m not a huge fan of cow dairy and I don’t want to eat all soy all the time, I like to rotate my yogurts: greek, soy, goat, etc. It’s such a good source of protein and an easy snack:
I like to try new stuff all the time, so I also picked up this new-to-me item for the week:
Afterward, I went to WF for the last couple things on my list and saw my favorite flavor of Lara Bars on sale!
Seriously tastes like a PBJ sandwich – no joke. Swoon.
I haven’t had a major sweet tooth lately, but I decided to get myself a Valentine’s Day chocolate bar and some flowers:
only to come home to a big box of See's chocolates from Patrick! Overachiever haha.
Here’s the muffin recipe I promised you yesterday – they were DELISH! No sugar, no eggs, no butter – completely amazing.
Blueberry Quinoa Muffins
-1 c cornmeal
-1 cup whole wheat flour (rice flour for GF folks)
-1.5 t baking powder
-1/4 t baking soda
-1/4 t salt
-1 c cooked quinoa
-1/2 c maple syrup (I used half maple syrup, half agave because I ran out of maple)
-1/2 c almond milk
-1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
-1 T lemon juice
-1/4 c canola oil
-1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (canned blueberries will make your muffins grey because the juice runs)
1. Cook quinoa according to directions.
2. Preheat oven to 375⁰ and lightly grease or line muffin pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together quinoa, syrup, milk, applesauce, lemon juice and oil.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and place on a wire rack to cool. Yields 12 muffins.
I’m off to a Zumba class, Valentine's lunch date with the Anderson ladies and then a massaaaaage, courtesy of my amazing husband. :-) xo Shaina