Monday, February 20, 2012

Rock 'n Roll!

Morning!  I hope everyone is enjoying their day off so far….or had a really short commute to work. J

It was a CRAZY weekend over here.  Work, baby shower, more work, family brunch, errands in between…and cheering on the Pasadena Rock ‘n Rollers!  I initially registered for the inaugural half marathon back in July.  When I found out I was pregnant in September, I figured I would just play it by ear.  As it got closer, I decided to run in the form of my sister-in-law, Colleen.  ;-)  Race report:
Dean was all business


Gionne was right behind him


Erin & Colleen were having fun




and Henry just didn’t want to wear any clothes. 




Mad props to him though – he decided Saturday afternoon that he was going to run on Sunday morning.  No training…and no colon.  He’s a champ.

I really wanted to run, but cheering with the lululemon ladies was just as fun.  The runners loved us.  

I always love seeing the costumes in races.  This year I saw a banana, a Tinkerbell, Elvis and a Tarheels basketball player (dribbling a ball the whole way!). ..and we saw Dr. Altman from Grey’s out of costume.  It was a fun morning. 
What athletic events have you signed up/planned on signing up for this year?  I'd like to do a half before the year is over, but if not, definitely next year's Pasadena Rock 'n Roll Half!
I feel like even I need a recovery day after all the standing/jumping/screaming I did this weekend.  Have a great Monday everyone!  xo Shaina 

No comments:

Post a Comment