Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is Happening

Today doesn’t feel like Tuesday to me.  I literally walked around all day thinking it was Monday.  That happen to anyone else?
I’m really excited about how productive the day has been!  I made our first two major baby purchases:

I’ve got 2 weeks to go until I reach the 3rd trimester, so its definitely a little earlier than some people start to shop, but when I saw the stroller on Craig’s List, I decided to go check it out.  I kind of felt like I was stealing from this couple because they had it priced so amazingly…but who am I to argue?  We decided to go the used route because we'll probably have another baby pretty quickly and will be turning right around to buy a double.  Yikes.  $$

I also had a 20% off coupon for Babies ‘R Us that expired tomorrow, so I figured I should use it on a big ticket item that we were going to need anyway.  $60 savings?  I’ll take it!  


Pumps are one of those tricky items.  Obviously very personal, so it’s not something you normally see given as a gift.  I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been milked before so how do I know which one I want?  After doing way too much research, reading consumer reports, and – most importantly – asking other Moms, I decided on the Medela Pump In Style.  I know this is something I’m going to need for the long haul so that I can use it on subsequent children, so it was definitely worth the investment. 

In my opinion, it hurts a little less to start shopping early and spread out the big purchases.  For those of you that don’t have kids yet, here’s a little math for you:
Stroller (brand new) - $375
Pump - $300
Crib - $800
Dresser/Changing Table - $800
Car Seat - $200
Baby Monitor - $150
And we haven’t even started talking about diapers, clothes, blankets, bottles….. babies = expensive, but worth every penny.  J
Now it’s time to bite into this delicious creation:

Grilled cheese with whole wheat flax bread, organic swiss and sun-dried tomatoes marinated in olive oil.  Yum.

xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment