Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eggplant Goat

Happy March everyone!  How was everyone’s Leap Day?  I got a lot done over here and made a delish but super easy dinner.  When I went grocery shopping yesterday, these little ladies caught my attention:



I’ve been wanting some more veggies in my life for a few days, so that was the plan for dinner.  I sliced them about ½” thick and laid them out with some sea salt for about ten minutes.  This helps to get some of the moisture out so you don’t get wet eggplant.  Then I seared them on each side for about 2 minutes in some olive oil, layered in a baking pan with marinara and cheese and baked at 350⁰ for 30 minutes. 


Most people go with parmesan cheese (or mozzarella....and breading), hence the name Eggplant Parmesan.  I rolled with goat cheese last night (and it was amazing)….so I present to you – Eggplant Goat. J


We’re 60 days into 2012 and I always like to reevaluate my goals for the year right about now.  How am I doing?  Are they a little too lofty for 1 year?  Maybe I didn’t set them high enough!  Do I have the opportunity to accomplish all of this and still keep my sanity?  Setting goals at the beginning of the year has become a regular practice in our house, but its really easy to get caught up in the whole “New Year’s Resolution” thing.  Many times these end up going by the wayside riiiiight about now.  Ever notice how the gym is really crowded in January and February?  Exactly.

I like to set goals that I know I’ll need an entire year to accomplish – and I need to see them every day.  I <3 vision boards!

Really easy and fun to make – and again, no rules.  You can do whatever you want.  I like to set personal, health and financial goals.  Maybe yours are something completely different!  That’s okay – they’re yours and yours alone. 

Its easy for anyone to dreams, but here are some tips to accomplishing your goals:
1.      Make them specific, measurable and in the present tense.  Example: I have run my third half   marathon in under 2 hours by Feb 2013. 
2.      Only share your goals with people who will support you.
      3.      Love your failures – they are a chance to reevaluate and learn.
4.      Start BIG and then set mini goals to help get you there.  For instance, maybe you want to buy a 5 bedroom house in 10 years.  Maybe you have to buy a 3 bedroom house in 5 years first and then upgrade?  Before that, you need a plan to save up the down payment – what does that look like?  Getting over little hurdles will help build your confidence in achieving that big scary goal.  

Has anyone made a vision board or set some awesome scary goals for this year?  I’d love to hear all about them!!  Leave a comment or email me: namomste@gmail.com  <3 Shaina

2 comments:

  1. My girlfriend and I just made a few eggplant dishes last weekend. I will share yours with her as we both love goat cheese!

    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete