Friday, March 2, 2012

Crazy Dreams

I’ve never been much of a dreamer.  I’ll have a dream every once in a blue moon that makes me go “what?!” when I wake up…but then I forget what it was ten minutes later.  I’d heard through the grapevine that pregnancy can cause some pretty vivid dreams and boy did I hop on that bandwagon.  I’m sure there will be more to come, but here’s the running list:

1.       The ex-girlfriend.  Don’t you love when that happens?  We did have an awkward moment of running into Patrick’s ex at a restaurant back when we first started dating, so that’s how I know what she looks like.  I was an impressionable, insecure 23 year old who didn’t enjoy the fact that he felt the need to be diplomatic and go say hi haha.  Girls….I digress.  So my dream was that I was home alone, 9 months pregnant and showing signs of early labor.  Patrick wasn’t home (work?) so I kept trying to call him on his cell phone.  Calling, calling, calling….nothing.  Turns out he was at her house hanging out.  Ay yay yay.  We’ll just forget that one and move on. J  They say every dream means something though: I may have a not-so-secret fear that Patrick doesn’t make it home from deployment in time for the birth.

2.       Gender reveal!  Patrick has been pretty adamant about not finding out the gender of the baby.  I *thought* I didn’t care, until he told me he didn’t want to know.  All of a sudden, it was driving me crazy!  I’ve settled down, but this was pretty funny.  This dream happened the night before my last doctor's appointment (about 3 weeks ago).  I was in the exam room waiting for the doctor.  He knows that I’m not supposed to know the gender, so I decided to sneak a peek before he came in.  Somehow, I knew how to work the sonogram machine so I pulled up my shirt and went to town!  I’m crazy, I know.  In my dream, the baby was a boy.  We shall see….

3.      This latest one was last night and by far the most real.  I read another blogger’s birth story last night that ripped my heart out.  They say whatever you’re thinking about right before you fall asleep tends to end up in your dreams – abso-freaking-lutely.  In my dream, Patrick and I had twins.  One baby was perfectly fine and healthy, while the other was just as beautiful, but had Down’s Syndrome.  After we found out, Patrick refused to talk to me because in my dream, it was completely my decision to turn down any genetic screening that was offered to us.  There I was, alone, with two babies, heartbroken.  It was awful.  I woke up at 4am crying and rubbing my belly.  I told the baby that we would love him or her no matter what and emailed Patrick to tell him about it.  He reassured me (even though I already knew this) that he would never ever be angry with me for that.  Here’s the weird part of the dream: my sister-in-law, Colleen, went to a taping of Ellen yesterday so we were talking about that right before I went to bed.  I didn’t have these twins in the hospital.  We were at the taping and Ellen’s staff was walking up and down the aisles handing babies out.  Haha what?! 
Let’s just say I’m glad to be awake right now!  I’m off to enjoy the beautiful sunshine!  Have a fantastic day everyone. <3 Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment