Monday, March 5, 2012

Nesting Mode

Happy Monday morning everyone!  I’m enjoying a new-to-me breakfast over here:

Blueberry Quinoa Pudding….dairy, soy and gluten free.  Fruit + protein totally counts as breakfast in my book.  Normally I like savory in the morning (hey there eggs drowned in hot sauce!) but I was feeling a little sweet tooth this morning and I picked this up in the prepared foods section of the grocery store the other day.  Verdict: amazing, just like I knew it would be.  Making a mental note to find a recipe for that.  Maybe I'll just experiment on my own?

I hope I’m not getting ahead of myself since I haven’t signed the lease *yet*, but nesting mode is kicking in and I’m envisioning all these little projects I want to do around our new townhouse. 
I can’t wait to fill this garden box up

with lots of potted herbs and little guys like these


I fell in love with this soap dispenser on pinterest – I will make it.  I’m thinking a natural, organic theme to the downstairs half bath:


LOVING this decal set for the nursery:


And lots of pictures


I’m thinking of doing a quirky looking gallery at the landing at the top of the stairs...really easy DIY project.  You can collect really cheap frames from yard sales, discount stores, etc and sand/spray/play with them so that they’re all different, but still look like they go together. 
We like an earthy, organic but still homey feel.  I’m one of those people that wants everything done the second I move in and I have to reel myself in a little bit and do it a room at a time.  Unpacking a 3 bedroom place when you’re 7 months pregnant might be a little different than what I’m used to. J  I’m so blessed to have lots of friends and family that have offered to help though.  Lucky girl right here! 
Hope you guys are having a fantastic start to the week! xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment