Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pancake Tacos

Morning friends! It’s a little dreary over here and I actually didn't have to set an alarm this morning…so I slept in and did brunch instead of breakfast.  J My sleeping in *may* have had something to do with a certain baby keeping me up from 4-5am kicking and streeeeetching.  Weirdest. Feeling. Ever.  I could feel the baby’s feet on one side and head on the other and it just kept pushing out in both directions.  I'll be curious to see if this baby is equally as energetic on the outside!

Last night after work, I went out with two lovely ladies for a snack.  One of them, Frances, has a blog where she reviews food trucks here in LA.  She’s a total foodie and I love it.  Last night, she was talking about a particular truck called Egg Slut and their delicious Pancake Tacos.  You know when the syrup from your pancakes hits your scrambled eggs and it’s delicious?  Ummm, yes please.    I decided to make my own (slightly healthier) version this morning.  I used Fitnessista’s Protein Pancakes, whipped up 2 scrambled eggs, crisped some Morning Star vegan bacon (aka facon) and drizzled everything with a little maple syrup.  Consume in taco form.


UHmazing.  If you want the real version or any one of Egg Slut’s other delicious creations, you can find out where they’ll be here.

LA residents: do you have a favorite food truck?  They are becoming really popular.  Here are some good ones:
Non-LA Residents: what is your favorite brunch food?  This one might become a regular in the Anderson house.
Hope you guys have a terrific Tuesday!  My Mom flies in tomorrow and she’ll be here for 3 months!! J  <3 Shaina

2 comments: