Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fooooood

Hey hey!  How’s the day going so far?  We started out early over here.  Got a walk in this morning, followed by an amazing stretch sesh here at home.  I love feeling noodly.  Breakfast was a quick and easy favorite....that I completely forgot to take a picture of before devouring it.  Whoops.

Yogurt, fruit of the day (I rolled with banana), flax seed, raw cashews, raw walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and a little bit of fiber cereal for extra crunch. Usually I use steel cut oats that have been soaked overnight, but I had to improvise this morning. Either way, much healthier than syrup-coated granola. 
I love this because you can change it up any way you want.  We started calling it Deliciousness a few years ago and the name stuck.  This is actually one of Patrick's favorite things to make (he doesn't cook - he only prepares haha....temperature + Patrick = pizza delivery for dinner) so I have a feeling I'll be living on this right after the baby is born. :-) He's also a fantastic smoothie man.
More recent eats:

A completely random schmorgesborg: romaine topped with avocado, tomato, 2 eggs, goat gouda, and a little bit of light dressing – before I drowned it in hot sauce. What can I say? Mama likes spicy and Daddy is Mexican - this baby is a little jalapeño.  :-)  The tortilla has almond butter and raisins rolled up in there – dessert? 


Snack attack: goat gouda, pita crackers, carrots and an almond butter/nutella mixture.


Last night’s dinner: sweet potato with a little bit of earth balance and a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon + roasted brussel sprouts (boil for 3 minutes, cut in half, toss in olive oil/balsalmic/salt/pepper/rosemary, bake at 350⁰ for 30 min)


My personal on-the-go favorite!  This one was banana, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple, applesauce, protein powder, almond butter, chocolate chips, OJ and almond milk.  Totally random, yet totally delicious.  Sorry – can’t give the amounts of ingredients just yet.  I was inspired yesterday – should I start a smoothie truck?!  Smoothies on wheels = Smooth Moves….haha.  It’s an idea.

Speaking of food trucks, Mom flies in today and I’m welcoming her to LA with Lobsta Truck!  Food trucks are not something they have anywhere near her on the East Coast, so I thought it would be a fun “locals” welcome. 

In other news: we got the townhouse!  Waiting on the lease to get emailed to me, but its ours!  AND we hit the 3rd trimester today.  Baby update coming out after my next doctor's appointment - I promise.
Off to the airport in a bit!  xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment