Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's In The Box?

Happy Wednesday everyone!  How is your day going?  We've had a pretty good day so far.  We got everyone (including Daddy!) dressed, fed and out the door for a walk to REI by 10am...and I even showered.  Win! 


Its definitely an experience learning how to time everything just right so we make sure we're somewhere I can feed Tripp on time but we still get stuff done.  Of course he decided he wanted a little pick-me-up snack 2 minutes before we planned to walk out the door. :-)  Adapt and overcome right?

Our produce delivery was dropped off at 2am when I was nursing.  I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve when I went downstairs to bring the box in and open it up haha.  This week:


1 yellow onion, 1 lb assorted potatoes, 3 apples, 3 oranges, 1 lb red cherries (!! - I freaking LOVE cherries), 1 bunch of carrots, 1 bundle of spinach (smoothies anyone?), 3 heads of assorted lettuce and 2 bunches of broccoli rabe rapini (new to me!).  


I've never had rapini before, so I had to do a little research to see exactly what I had on my hands.  I've been looking up some yummy ways to prepare it and I'm pretty excited:

-pasta dishes 
-steamed 
-braised 
-sauteed with carmelized onions

My Mom is here this afternoon to have baby snuggle time so that Patrick and I can get stuff done on our ever-growing to do list that has been neglected since last week.  

Have a fantastic afternoon! xo Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment