Friday, June 1, 2012

Back in the Kitchen

When we came home from the hospital on Saturday, I wondered if I would ever be interested in cooking again.  Actually, I wondered if I would ever be interested in anything other than staring at Tripp haha.  It does change quickly, but those first few days I got absolutely NADA accomplished.  I'm back in the kitchen....but dinner hasn't been until 9pm.  Something to work on.  Baby steps right?

Recent eats:


his & hers dinner: grilled mahi, pineapple, asparagus, sweet potato and salad


1 whole egg + 2 egg whites scrambled with beans, fresh cherries from the box, toast & half caff coffee (for my 5am wakeup yesterday)


smoothie: banana, mango, chocolate chips, spinach, cinnamon, peanut butter, flax seed, almond milk


breakfast cookie dough cereal a la Fitnessista ..... I had the original version made with sunflower seed butter and strawberries


AND I made the rapini last night!

I'm not really a follow-the-recipe kind of girl.  After checking out a few different ways to prepare the broccoli rabe rapini, I just decided to wing it when we needed a quick dinner last night.

I carmelized a yellow onion and set that aside.  In the same pan, I added some olive oil, crushed red pepper, garlic and white wine.


I gave that a couple of minutes, then wilted the greens in there and added the onions back in to mix the flavors.


Put that on top of some pasta with olive oil and grated cheese (I used a cheddar/gruyere block I found at TJs this week) and dinner is served!


I'm off to see what kind of trouble Tripp and I can get into while Daddy works today. 

Birth story will be up on Monday....promise! Have a fantastic weekend. xo Shaina

2 comments:

  1. take your time. Your first born is a once in a lifetime experience. I dig your meals but don't loose a moment with that little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) usually when I'm cooking dinner it's daddy snuggle time. I have to actually make an effort to put him down during the day so I can take a shower. I can't get enough!!

      Delete