Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Been Awhile

Hey there - happy hump day!  We needed a little breather last week - wedding, baby shower, family gatherings and much needed naps - but we're back!  This post is coming to you from America's Finest City. :-)  Google it. 

Patrick had to come down for a class on base this week, so Tripp & I decided to join him, hang out and breathe in some of the fresh ocean air that I miss.  The view from his pack 'n play:



Poor kid.

Yesterday, we enjoyed lunch al fresco at Burger Lounge while Daddy was in class.  It was the veggie burger of my DREAMS:


It doesn't look like much but it was fanfreakingtastic.  Quinoa, lots of veggies, a little cheese....yes please.

I feel like every restaurant's veggie burgers are so different....along with all the frozen varieties you can get at the grocery store.  It inspired me to try and make my own at home next week.  This could be a great experiment that rocks my world on the first try....or a work in progress for the next 6 months.  We'll see! 

I love experimenting in the kitchen.  Usually, I will see a recipe on one of a few blogs I stalk read and get inspiration from that.  I tend to not follow recipes exactly, but instead I give it my own little twist.  Its been a while since I came up with a new recipe that was entirely my own, though, and I'm excited to give you a few new ones. 

SO - let's hear it.  What recipes would you like?  Do you have a favorite dish but feel guilty every time you eat it because it has an entire day's worth of calories?  A favorite snack that you always have but you're hungry 20 minutes afterward because it lacks staying power?  Let me know!  I'd love to compile a list to start working on. 

In the meantime, here are some recipes I've recently come across that you may enjoy.  I haven't tried all of them, but they're from reputable sources. ;-)

For the sweet tooth:

Sweet Potato Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Crazy Woman Chocolate Blender Pudding 
Black Bean Brownies

Breakfast:

Quinoa Granola
Vegan Cinnamon Buns
Baked Oatmeal

Snacks:

Amazeballs
my homemade protein bars
Avocado Fries

Lunch/Dinner/leftover schmorgesborg:

Quinoa Broccoli Casserole  <--- I'm scary excited to make this next week
Falafel
Low Yolk Egg Salad

We're off to enjoy the sunshine!  Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone. :-)

xo
Shaina

No comments:

Post a Comment